The project gives me something to look forward to and helps me occupy my mind and body. I love hearing no traffic, I’m always on edge in town and frantic but I feel peaceful here. – Service User
At The Willows we provide a range of nature and farm based activity sessions. These can be full or half days, short courses or regular weekly groups. We adapt to the specific needs of different individuals or user groups so please get in touch to discuss how we could work with you, your family member, your clients or service users.
Our sessions offer the chance to learn new skills, get involved on the organic farming, get creative or simply get outdoors and relax in nature. Again, we are very adaptable and have the benefit of our small peaceful site complete with cabin, garden, growing beds and fire pit and also are situated on a larger community farm growing organic fruit and vegetables on a wider scale.
- Guided farm walks – a chance to explore the farm, see what’s growing and learn about organic farming techniques
- Horticulture and food growing – including seed sowing, preparing the ground, planting out, weeding, care of the soil, harvesting
- Willow and woodworking skills
- Basic bushcraft and fireside skills
- Seasonal nature-based art and craft activities